UNIVERSEECAR Import&Export Co.,LtdElectric car,Electric moped,Electric scooter,Electric Bike,Electric trike
Why is the electric car charging charged?
Why is the electric car charging charged?
There are a lot of electric vehicle users feedback battery often bulging during the use of the drum, then what is the reason? How should we prevent it? Here are some of the possible factors and precautions for the electric vehicle battery drum kit. Come and see what is the reason for your electric vehicle battery drum kit!
Electric vehicle battery bulging cause
Vent hole blockage
If the vent hole on the battery filling cap is blocked or not clear, the gas generated under the condition of too long charging time or excessive charging voltage will gradually accumulate, resulting in an increasing pressure inside the battery case, and finally causing the battery to swell.
2. The battery charging current is too large or the charging time is too long
When the charging current of the battery is too large or the charging time is too long, the temperature of the electrolyte will increase rapidly, and a large amount of gas will be generated, causing the active material on the battery plate to loosen and fall off, causing the battery to swell.
3. The battery plate is vulcanized
During the charging process of the battery with vulcanization of the plate, the voltage of the single cell and the temperature of the electrolyte will rise rapidly, and the bubble generation is early and intense, which easily causes the battery to swell.
4. It takes too long to start the motor continuously.
When the starter motor is started, the battery should supply a large current to the motor in a short time, and the large starting current will inevitably cause a severe chemical reaction inside the battery, which will be accompanied by the generation of gas. Long, it will increase the generation of gas, which increases the possibility of battery cracking.
5. The inner pole of the battery and the pole and the bus bar are not welded firmly.
When the poles and poles of the inner plate of the battery are not welded firmly to the bus bar, if the large current is discharged, the welding will cause sparking or ablation due to too small contact points or poor contact, which will cause sparks and battery The resulting mixture of hydrogen and oxygen ignites, causing the battery to explode.
6. The electrolyte viscosity is too large
If the viscosity of the electrolyte is large, it is easy to cause the velocity of the pores to penetrate into the plate to be slow, and the internal resistance is also increased, so that the voltage drop in the internal resistance of the discharge increases. This causes the electrolyte temperature to rise rapidly and generates a large amount of gas, which causes the gas pressure inside the battery to increase, causing the battery to swell.
7. The amount of electrolyte is too small
I believe everyone knows that after using the battery for a period of time, it will cause the electrolyte to decrease. At this time, it is necessary to add electrolyte or distilled water. When the electrolyte is reduced, charging and overcharging will cause battery swelling and even cause an explosion.
8. The charger is damaged
When the charger or the generator on the engine is damaged, the current or voltage may be suddenly large or small, which may easily cause a violent reaction in the battery, thereby generating a large amount of gas, which in turn causes the battery to swell.
Precautions for electric vehicle battery bursting
1. To avoid sparks during the use of the battery, it is necessary to install the battery firmly during use, the connection between the wire joint and the electric pile should be fastened, and the welding quality of the electrode plate group should be ensured during overhaul.
2. In order to make the gas generated in the working process of the battery overflow from the vent hole of the filling port in time, the internal pressure of the battery is not too high. Usually, the liquid filling cap of the battery must be tightened, and the vent hole is often unblocked.
3. In order to avoid excessive battery discharge, the starter cannot be used continuously when starting the vehicle using the starter, especially when starting the vehicle under low temperature conditions. When starting a vehicle with a cold car, it is necessary to preheat the vehicle. The combined time of the starter must not exceed 5-10s, and it must be started once every 10-15s.
4. When charging the battery, be sure to avoid excessive current or overcharging. For this reason, for the battery that has been installed on the vehicle, the rated voltage of the generator must be adjusted; for the battery that is charged in the charging room, the charging current and charging time must be grasped.
It can be seen that most of the battery bulging is caused by the incorrect charging method. To avoid the battery bulging, scientific charging is the key.